SMC Leadership’s founder, Dr. Steve McMillen is a senior level executive advisor and consultant, adept in creating shareholder value through sustainable, high-impact, strategically focused human capital initiatives. He has significant and diverse domestic and international leadership experience in accelerating profitable growth, large scale change and workforce engagement for complex, geographically-dispersed organizations across multiple industries.
Areas of consulting areas of expertise include: talent management strategy, learning and leadership development, onboarding, organizational development, executive coaching, succession planning and organizational change and transition. Dr. McMillen is highly regarded for his abilities as an inspirational leader who helps his clients “connect the dots” between strategy, talent and execution.
- Leadership Development Strategy Formulation and Architecture
- Integrated Talent Management Strategy Development
- Workforce Engagement & Retention
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring Program Development
- Performance Management
- Organizational Development & Organizational Effectiveness
- High-Potential / Leadership Bench Strength Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Large-Scale Organizational Change
- Succession Planning
- Leadership and Executive Talent Assessment
- Learning and Development Program and Strategy Creation and Execution
“I hired Steve into a new role at O’Charley’s shortly after I joined the company and he was able to develop and implement a talent assessment/talent development strategy in a company with 25,000 employees that is heavily dependent upon the quality of management (i.e. at all levels) in a 350 location, geographically dispersed organization. He is an excellent coach, who had a very positive impact on all our levels of management, as well as the employees they led.”
Randy Harris – Senior VP and Chief Human Resources Officer at Ciena, O’Charliey’s Inc. & Nextel (Retired)